Sometimes I use coconut flakes and oats (oats and vanilla soap) in my soap as an exfoliator to remove dead skin cells. However yesterday I made a lovely buscuits with coconut and oats! Here is a recipe (from bbc web site).
- 85g porridge oats
- 85g desiccated coconut
- 100g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter, plus extra butter for greasing
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the honey. and butter mixture.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to 2 tbsp boiling water, then stir into the honey and butter mixture.
- Put the oats, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and honey mixture. Stir gently to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Put dessert spoonfuls of the mixture on to buttered baking sheets, about 2.5cm apart to allow room for spreading.
- Bake in batches for 8-10 mins until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.